Monday, August 28, 2006

Great Red Sox series, why can't Larry Stone say anything good?

I didn't get a chance to see Saturday and Sunday's games in person, but I did watch Sunday's game on TV - what a great series. I hope everyone took note of how loud the Red Sox minority was this weekend -- great to see and hear Seattle fans step up and drown them out -- they sure looked like a sorry bunch on Sunday.

Now here's my gripe -- the Mariners sweep the Red Sox, and take two out of three from the Yankees, and what does Larry Stone from the Seattle Times write about? How bad the Red Sox are and that these aren't the same Red Sox from a year or two ago, and as such, the wins aren't that good.

You can read the article at: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/mariners/2003230864_kell28.html

Now - I appreciate the article. It's true that the Red Sox are struggling this year, and they are hardly the team that won the World Series two years ago. But as soon as I read the article, I immediately picked up the vibe that he was discounting the wins by the Mariners. I don't know if he's not a Mariner fan, or just enjoys writing anything except positive stuff about the team.

Now I've never talked with Larry Stone, and I'm not going to call him a bad writer or a bad person. I don't think he is the former and I have no basis to call him the latter. But I would hope that he could spare some positive ink on the Mariners when the situation warrants it.

With that being said, get out there in that Mariners gear and help the M's beat the Angels. That red sticks out -- so help shut it down!!!

Go Mariners!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home